New Boat!

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, new to me at least. I had previously posted about my boat shopping woes, but I finally found a good one. It's a 2004 Monterey 228si Montura, 200 hrs, 5.0 MPI Mercruiser with a Bravo 3 drive. Factory tower, 3 battery setup, Wet Sounds audio, and a really nice Roadmaster trailer. It's nearly perfect outside, and the inside just needs a good deep clean and it should be mint. I can't wait for summer!

agallant80

Commander
Re: New Boat!

Nice looking boat. I don't know if you have had a bravo3 or not before but they are great drives, you will really like it. Just make sure not to ding the props :)

Slip Away

Lieutenant

:thumb:
Nice choice, you will like the air assist chine hull and how the boat handles chop. Congrats.

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't know when the pics were taken but the weather looks pretty darn nice to me. I'd be on the water right now! Great looking new boat.

Maclin

Admiral

I went to Wichita from Texas (close to Grapevine) in January to get mine, and OWP goes to Grapevine in Texas to get his, wow.

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys! It was at Lake Grapevine, we have family in Rowlett so we spent a long weekend in the DFW area. On the way home I shredded one of the tires that I thought was "good enough" to get me home before I even got out of the DFW metroplex, so we had a nice delay at Firestone getting new tires. Yes, I'm a moron who should definitely know better. The trailer doesn't pull as smooth as I like so I'll be doing bearings and an alignment before summer as well. Any tips on when trailer springs should be replaced? Otherwise I'm happy as can be with my purchase, already got a few "nice boat" compliments from strangers.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Very nice, glad to see you finally found one, like the tower.

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Very nice! Congratulations.
Get some transom straps if you don't have a pair yet!