New Boat Owner ~ Looking for Someone to Facilitate Captain's Lessons (Texas)

RedRaiderFan

Recruit
Hello:

New posting member to the iboats forum, although I have been conducting quite a bit of research and learning so much from each of you. Thank you very much.

I grew up with boats, have owned in the past, but it's been some time since ownership. I am looking for an individual who teaches lessons for new boat owners on the water. We have had one captain's lesson from our dealer but are having difficulty scheduling our remaining lessons.

Our boat is located at PK, which is west of Fort Worth. Would appreciate any references, or if you are experienced & qualified please contact me. Looking to have a 4- to 6- hour lesson out on the water, preferably on an upcoming weekend (Saturday or Sunday) before the middle of May. The lessons would be onboard a 30' cruiser, twin merccruisers, I/O.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hottip

Cadet
Re: New Boat Owner ~ Looking for Someone to Facilitate Captain's Lessons (Texas)

Call the US Coast Guard and ask for the Coast Guard Auxilary nearest to you. The auxilary conducts classes and will give you a certification for your own boat. That certification will also give you a discount on your boating insurance policy.