New boat advice/thoughts??

bbgun24

Seaman
Hello all,

The wife and I have decided its time for a new toy. Went to a local Regal dealership today and checked out a couple models. We are looking for a 21-23 ft bowrider. We frequently boat on Lake Michigan and are leaning towards the extra room with the 2300. It looks like the 2300 is about 15K-20K more then the 2100. Do you guys think the extra couple feet is worth the extra money?? Also, I have always been a Sea Ray guy but I love the looks of the Regal hulls and interior. Am I going to be disappointed with the Regal quality compared to the Sea Ray. Just curious on some thoughts as I want to make sure I do my homework before buying. Thanks in advance.

truckermatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New boat advice/thoughts??

While Nosaj's situation is bad, I think in general Regal is a better built boat that sea-ray in my opinion. but there are others I would look at first if your looking for new.

I looked at a crownline and chaparral and was very inpressed.

and yes the extra room is worth the money IF it come with a motor upgrade, other wise i doubt it.

But the Regal 2300 is a nice look boat.

bbgun24

Seaman

Yes I did read Nosaj's post. That is terrible. The 2300 does come with the 5.7L as compared to the 5.0 w/ the 2100. The 2300 also comes with several other things like a tower and premium sound package. I will look into the crownlines and chaparral's. Thanks.

truckermatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

In all honesty: Regal, Sea Ray, Chaparral, Crownline, Monterey, etc are all very good boats, Find one that you like AND a dealer that is helpful and enjoy the water.

The 2300 sounds even better with the tower and extras.