negative

1975oday22

Chief Petty Officer
ok , i rewired my boat. positive to positive on fuseblock negative to negative on small bus bar. heres a problem i never ran into before. without the fresh negative wire being attached to the battery (only outboard negative attached to battery) everything works i mean all lights and accessories. and thats without the negative cable that i just installed for negative up to bus bar from negative battery post. anyone know whats going on with this? not supposed to be running at all without the negative wire going to bus bar.... but it does with just the negative from motor .

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Your current is flowing to the motor somehow. Could be steering linkage, mounting brackets, shift cables, fuel line, etc. Hook up the proper negative like you intended.

1975oday22

Chief Petty Officer
i did that, as for current flowing to the motor. the motor is direct hooked up to battery. positive and negative. (outboard engine) nothing is grounded to the boat . but when i unhook the negative that i had installed to the bus bar and leave just the motor ground on, all my lights and accessories work...... when i take off the negative to the motor nothing works, when i hookup just the negative i installed everything works . yepp has me confuzzled as well.