Need some information on a couple of OMC props please.......

Theoutdoorsman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need some information on a couple of OMC props please.......

Ok........... I bought the 384142 OMC prop that I found on eBay and the owner agreed to double cup the prop for me at no extra charge!!! With my maximum load I can turn the prop at 5800 rpm's at full trim without the prop blowing out on me. I get all the lift one could ask for and have a top speed of 50 mph on whitecaps!!! Needless to say, I am extreemly pleased with the performance. Nothing left to do but enjoy the fruits of my time and labor now. That was the best $75 I have ever spent !!!!

I have the same exact motor and I am running this prop and getting 45 mph , GPS.

Aluminum
389512 12 3/4 X 21

Ron G

Commander

Theoutdoorsman said:
Ok........... I bought the 384142 OMC prop that I found on eBay and the owner agreed to double cup the prop for me at no extra charge!!! With my maximum load I can turn the prop at 5800 rpm's at full trim without the prop blowing out on me. I get all the lift one could ask for and have a top speed of 50 mph on whitecaps!!! Needless to say, I am extreemly pleased with the performance. Nothing left to do but enjoy the fruits of my time and labor now. That was the best $75 I have ever spent !!!!
Glad it all worked out and your happy,nothing like a good prop it makes all the difference in the world!!

walleyehed

Admiral

The outdoorsman, sorry to leave you hanging...Yes..that was me. It's been a different world without my Father around and didn't realize how things had changed until a few days ago...all I can say is I'm very sorry I didn't get back to you, but it looks like you are on the right track...and, thanks Ron for covering for me...your knowledge has grown greatly in this area..your words are trusted. Thank you.
Kenny