need prop specs - 2001 Maxum 2500SCR

seaman-recruit

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a non-OEM aluminum prop on my boat from the PO. I need to replace it and the marina is having a hard time getting a cross reference from the number stamped on it. Anyone know the original diameter/pitch that would have been used? (boat has 5.0L-EFI with Bravo-II @ 240hp.) Boat is 25' 6' @ 5800# dry weight if that factors in to the selection.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: need prop specs - 2001 Maxum 2500SCR

I have a non-OEM aluminum prop on my boat from the PO. I need to replace it and the marina is having a hard time getting a cross reference from the number stamped on it. Anyone know the original diameter/pitch that would have been used? (boat has 5.0L-EFI with Bravo-II @ 240hp.) Boat is 25' 6' @ 5800# dry weight if that factors in to the selection.

Ayuh,.... Whatever the prep'ing Dealer put on it....

Boats don't have such a thing as the stock original prop specs to look at...

Why don't you post the numbers off the prop you've got,..??
Maybe 1 of the boys here is abit smarter than yer Dealer...

seaman-recruit

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't have the number they got off it right now - I'll see if I can get it and will post. Maybe the better question is what size/pitch prop should be used given the boat size/weight/type, etc.

Bondo

Staff member

I don't have the number they got off it right now - I'll see if I can get it and will post. Maybe the better question is what size/pitch prop should be used given the boat size/weight/type, etc.

Ayuh,.... If ya read the "Read This 1st" sticky at the top of this forum,...

You'll get an Idea of How We get our Ideas of the prop ya need...