Need new seats for my boat pedestals - suggestions?

bigmikek

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am on my 3rd set of Wise folding seats, you know ... the inexpensive ones. They hold up for a couple seasons but eventually rip and get shotty looking and they are not all that comfortable but I like the price. I am thinking of getting a pair of new seats that are a bit more comfortable in two tone but not too large.

I have these seats instead of the fold down runabout seats because I like the room I get using pedestals and I have several places to move them around on the floor with other bases.
I look and see seats that are anywhere from $40.00 to $300 a piece. I just want something that would look good and feel good and hold up with a little banging around.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Those inexpensive seats that last 2 seasons are way too expensive for me. Wise makes a good seat. If you pay about $100 for a "deluxe" model I think you'll have better luck. My 2009 seats still look like brand new.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Yep I have the same seats in my boat just a different color, had them for 3 yrs and they still look great. I do keep my boat inside a barn when not in use so that adds to the life. Leaving outside in sun and rain will really shorten life of any seat.

bigmikek

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks, I am glad you have the same ones. Mine will just pull up and out and I am gonna take care of them. Glad for the advice. Have a great summer.

bigmikek

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Seats arrived in the mail today. Look great and a step up from the basic WISE seats. These were almost half price for Overtons catalog price. Haven't tried them yet but I am sure they'll feel a lot better.