Need ideas to attach bowrider seatbacks

CJK440

Seaman
So the wood structure for the bowrider seat backs on my 96 Rinker are rotted to heck. The port much worse than the starboard due to a leaky mooring cover. I plan to rebuild using the starboard side as a template.

The problem is, these clearly were attached before the top half was installed on the hull as there is no way in heck I can get close to reaching the front bolts. As you can see the port side was so rotted I just yanked it off leaving the hardware.

So my plan after rebuilding and stapling the old vinyl/foam to the new structure is to reuse the attachment points I can reach (under the console and 2 rearmost side locations) but I need an idea of how to mount the long slender front section to the fiberglass without access from behind. Last thing i want to do is put a screw with a white cap thru the cushion and into the fiberglass but will go that route if needed.

Ideas?

Attachments

• photo266569.jpg
    photo266569.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo266570.jpg
    photo266570.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 2

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Google double Christmas tree clips

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I just installed seat bolsters like that in my boat after fixing some upholstery. Scott is right on - you need Christmas tree clips. The hardest part is figuring out what size you need. The clips get installed before you attach the foam/vinyl to the bases, then you just push them into holes in the boat. (I found a rubber mallet helped make sure they seated fully.)

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You can also google Beauclip . I will be using theses on my current project.

CJK440

Seaman
Thanks for the info. Went with the double xmas tree fasteners. Will drill new holes thru the wood and into the glass when mocked up so everything will line up perfect when covered with upholstery.

kcon

Petty Officer 1st Class
You can also google Beauclip . I will be using theses on my current project.
I was lurking and read this post, those clips look awesome - I just ordered a dozen, thanks for sharing.