Need help with a nearly new Suzuki DF 2.5 four stroke....

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
I bought a Suzuki DF 2.5 and from the beginning it has had a bad stumble off idle. The dealer has tried to help, but it is really not much better. The first time I took it in, he replaced the carb and it was better after that, but after a few trips it was back to the bad stumble. I took it in again and they changed the jets but that stumble is still there, it's better but not really right. I have 8 small engines that I maintain on my own to do my own yard work, both 4 and 2 stroke and they all run better than this engine does. Any suggestions other than taking it back a 3rd time? I'm starting to wonder if I should have bought a Yamaha or a Tohatsu instead! I have a 17 year old Toro snowblower with a Suzuki 2 stroke that has been great, but this one has been trouble from the beginning.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need help with a nearly new Suzuki DF 2.5 four stroke....

IS your idle set right. It's supposed to be 1800 + - 50.

unleaded

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need help with a nearly new Suzuki DF 2.5 four stroke....

I'm having the exact same problem with a nearly new tohatsu 3.5hp. Let me know if you find a solution. Was it sitting on its side for a long time? Mine was for a week and a little oil is coming out the carb so I'm pretty sure that's it. I have some older evinrudes (a 58 & 76) that run better than this pos.