Need help dialing in

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help dialing in

that is a botched job from someone.

take out all the wood....all the glass till you have the hull skin left...

then search here on how to build a transom.
and glass that in.

when you re mount the motor...make sure you follow manufactures instructions on the motor height.

you might also have a long shaft motor on a short shaft boat.

by the way......those boats FLY on the water...30mph is dog slow

matt88

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will post some more pics later. I also thought 30 was a little slow but the cav plate on the motor was almost 3in under the keel and I am going to have to get a new prop as well. The transom on the boat measures 20.5 inches. I plan on extending it to bring the motor up a bit but I am not sure how high I should actually go. Would bringing the cavitation plate 1 inch above the keel be a safe place to build it? I know that will not match the top cap when I put it back together but its not in the best shape and will need some reglassing anyways.

matt88

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Still working on deconstruction of the old transom. Couldnt work on it yesterday had to tend to some heavily neglected chores,lol. This thing is still throwing me surprises however. Found a piece of angle iron in a notch above the stringers and a couple of metal L brackets as well. The fiberglass seems to be a lot thicker around the edges where the old transom was squared off. Anyone have any ideas on a good way to even it out? Could it be possible for the original to be made this way? You can see what I am talking about in the lower left corner of the last pic.

Attachments

• 100_2082.jpg
    100_2082.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2083.jpg
    100_2083.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2081.jpg
    100_2081.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 0