Need Fishing Seat Suggestions for Aluminum Boat Model: G3 Guide V14

lordx

Cadet
Hey all, I just got a 2017 Guide V14 G3 boat for fishing with my son. I like the boat, but I hate the split back bench. When I first got it, I didn't think it would be an issue, but I find myself sitting on the veeeeery end point at the front corner of the bench (super uncomfortable).

I am 250lbs on a good day, so sitting more to the middle of the boat is a must for balance.

I have included a picture of a Guide V14 that I found on google that had a seat bolted to it.

I was thinking of the same idea for my boat - the seat would have to swivel around - but I would really like something that I could adjust back and forth (think the front seats in your car moving back and forth) - except, this would adjust left/right - so I could position my bulk more to the middle of the craft. I would like a really comfy seat too - so if I fish for a while it is still nice on my back. I am 6ft tall too, so a taller backed chair would be ideal if something like that exists! Thanks for any tips and suggestions!

Attachments

• photo266282.jpg
    photo266282.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0

robert graham

Admiral
Walmart and similar stores carry several type of inexpensive boat seats...some are designed a bit wider for big folks!...

lordx

Cadet
Walmart and similar stores carry several type of inexpensive boat seats...some are designed a bit wider for big folks!...

Thanks Robert - I will check them out.

The mounting was really the most important part - and I think the mount I found and posted above should work like I wanted it to.

Do you have an opinion on that?

robert graham

Admiral
Those look like some high end$$$ units....seat pedestals and folding seats in my Jon boat are cheaper/simpler than those, but if you want/need those features and you have the $$$, then go for it....you can buy just about anything you can dream of for a boat!....Good Luck!

fishrdan

Admiral
Believe it or not, the seat in your pic is very comfortable. I put them in my jon boat 10 years ago and can sit in them for 6-8 hours without being uncomfortable, I'm 5'10 - 240#. They might not look like much, but I would use them again in a heart beat. If you use these seats, put a bunch of red lock-tite on the screws that go into the plastic, to keep them from backing out over time.

I have C_belas Elite Boat Seats (high back) in my 18'er, work well and comfortable, decent back support.

lordx

Cadet
The bench on my boat doesn't have access to get underneath - so bolts are not going to work it seems.

Looks like I will need self tapping metal screws to put a seat mount on.

Is this ok?

Recommendations or tips?

Last edited: