Need auto enrichment valve "0" ring

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello 2006 Tohatsu 18Hp
model MFS18B2
S/n 06265OXF
PVNV or Tohatsu Guru. I need the "0" ring size that goes on the auto enrichment solenoid. Can either one of you give me a
size or a source to buy a replacement? I do not want to buy the whole valve for an O ring.
Thanks
rcb130

pvanv

Admiral
Unfortunately, Tohatsu does not have a listing for just that o-ring. Take the old one to the hardware store, and match it up.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
pvanv,
Thanks for the response. I will try your suggestion. Old one was pretty beat up and owner tells me it was not the original.
It was a bear to get the valve to slide into position even with a coating of silicon on it. So I am thinking it was too large. If memory serves me, the valve should slide right into place without a lot of downward pressure. Am I correct?
Thanks
rcb130

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
pvanv,
another question on that same carb. How do you get the rubber boot on the throttle linkage off?. I can not turn the brass fitting on the opposite side.
Also, how to remove the little screw holding the plunger assembly in place. Or do I not need to remove the plunger assembly to soak the carb body?
Thanks
rcb130

pvanv

Admiral
RCB: The auto by starter solenoid is about $160 retail. So I understand the desire for a new o-ring. I did successfully replace one a few months ago... But... it was stiff going in. Probably too large a diameter of the ring stock. I did trial and error at the hardware store.

pvanv

Admiral
The rubber boot takes patience and skill to remove. The plunger is retained by a tiny screw. #0 phillips, if I recall.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
Pvanv,
I ask again, does the brass fitting opposite the boot unscrew? It has a slot for a screwdriver. My other question on the
plunger. Tiny screw does not want to turn. Must plunger be removed to soak in carb cleaner. If not, are there any rubber
parts below plunger?
Thanks
rcb130

pvanv

Admiral
Here is what the carb looks like, from the parts catalog:
002-21047-4_FIG05.JPG

pvanv

Admiral
Pvanv,
I ask again, does the brass fitting opposite the boot unscrew? It has a slot for a screwdriver. My other question on the
plunger. Tiny screw does not want to turn. Must plunger be removed to soak in carb cleaner. If not, are there any rubber
parts below plunger?
Thanks
rcb130

I'm not sure what you are describing as the "brass fitting opposite the boot". Can you post a picture?
I have had the entire accelerator pumps off of these for cleaning. The bowl (with accelerator pump) is available separately if your has white corrosion. If the retainer screw won't come out (assuming you have the correct screw driver), is it corroded-in? I would prefer to have the plunger out, but no, there aren't any rubber bits in there; just a couple of check balls.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
Pvanv,
The part i am referring to is 1-1-5. It looks similar to a jet in that it has a slot for a screwdriver. I can see the end of 1-25
at the bottom side.
As for the screw, it shows no signs of corrosion on the surfaces I can see. If there are no rubber parts below, rather than
screw up the screw head I will soak the part without removing the plunger.
thanks for your patience on this.
Rcb130

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
pvanv,
part no is my error. I am trying to remove 1-1-2.
I have finally been able to get a picture. trying to upload it but I keep getting an "unknown error" message.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
pvanv,
try the photo again carb.gif area circled in red is what I am trying to remove. It has a screwdriver slot like a jet would have.
rcb130

pvanv

Admiral
No, 1-1-2 is the plunger for the accelerator pump. It's retained by that tiny screw. It's in the bowl. I think what you are referring to is the brass guide for the push rod for the pump. No need to pull it. Make sure you clean the emulsion tube nozzle and the jets after soaking everything in carb dip overnight.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
pvanv,
thanks for your patience. What about the rubber boot on the pump push rod? Won't the carb dip eat it up?
How do I remove it?
Thanks
rcb130

pvanv

Admiral
You can take it off. I stock them in case you damage it. Dip might melt it.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
Pvanv,
Motor is up and running. Thanks for all your help and patience.
Be Well
rcb130

pvanv

Admiral
The carb dip may or may not damage the boot. It can be pulled as you disassemble the accelerator pump linkage. That requires some skill and patience.