Need a Nissan 70HP lower unit

ecu1984

Seaman Apprentice
I have looked on eBay, my motor is a 1987 Nissan 70hp Model NS70A2 and I am not sure what other years of Nissan or Tohatsu lower units will bolt up.
MOD EDITED - NOT PERMITTED
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

pvanv

Admiral
What is wrong with your unit? The 45A2, 50C, 60A and 70A (and A2) share the drive shaft housing and some parts of the LU, depending on serial number. Understand that your motor is probably at least 30 years old, so not all parts are available new.

ecu1984

Seaman Apprentice
This motor runs like a dream, 150lbs in both cylinders by my Snap-On compression gauge.
Zero corrosion anywhere, spent its entire life here on Lake Murray, SC in fresh water.
A few days ago while striper fishing it wouldnt go into forward, linkage all working properly.
Rode 5 miles in reverse back to the landing. I pulled the carrier out and a tooth is missing from
the top bevel gear and spring on clutchdog weak. I see it on ebay for $89 but thought about just sticking another foot on it and rolling.
I bought a new 2019 DF70A Suzuki yesterday and will build an engine stand and part this 70A out on ebay.
Mod EDIT: not permitted

Last edited by a moderator: