Navionics Rebate Warning

John_S

Rear Admiral
Please be aware that Navionics has a very strict interpretation for getting the $50 rebate on the Hotmaps 2009 chips. After a couple of emails with Navionics and providing a copy of my online receipt from Cabela's, they said it would not be honored. My receipt clearly showed the full MSRP price. The total at the bottom, including tax. The total was $20 higher than what was shown charged to my credit card. The $20 difference was because Cabela's had provided a cash coupon for $20 off any purchase of $150 or more. Navionics was told that is what it was. Their rebate does state that store coupons and rewards, etc will be excluded. I ended up canceling my order. I just want to let others know before they purchase and it is too late.

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Navionics Rebate Warning

Thanks for the warning. I for one, will never be involved in another mail-in rebate scam. Been there and done that. If you can't give me the rebate at the cash register, then I will purchase the other brand.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

I learned the hard way to "JUST SAY NO" to mail in rebates :mad:

fishrdan

Admiral

Their rebate does state that store coupons and rewards, etc will be excluded.

Yeah, that's a bunch of BS. Why is Navionics concerned if you used a coupon/reward credit, it was Cabela's loss not Navionics. Certainly seems like an unfair loop-hole.

I'm leary of rebates because they require you to cut the barcode off the box and send it in with the rebate form as proof of purchase. No barcode, no returning it to the store if you run into problems.

Here's a good one though. I bought 4 office chairs which had a rebate equal to 50% of their price. 2 of the chairs were for me and 2 were for a friend who was out of town. I gave him a copy of the receipt and we each send in the rebate form claiming 2 of the chairs. When my rebate check came in it was for all 4 chairs, when my friends rebate check came his was for all 4 chairs also......

John_S

Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's a bunch of BS. Why is Navionics concerned if you used a coupon/reward credit, it was Cabela's loss not Navionics. Certainly seems like an unfair loop-hole.

I wondered the same thing, as did the cabela's customer rep. I don't think they believed me until I sent the email traffic to them.

4JawChuck

Chief Petty Officer

I sent my rebate in last year, never did get it. I figured it was a 50/50 chance I would get the rebate since those things are always a scam, guess now I know. Their chip is the only one with decent coverage in my area so I didn't have much of a choice anyway, just wish corporations would stop lying to me ya know?:(