Nascar

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer
WHOOHOOO! Nascar is back ! boogidy boogidy ! Lets go racing

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Nascar

ok, but we are right in the middle of sno-cross season here.

e34c7e24c

http://prints.waynedavisphotography.com/p876673877/e2ce54b3d

Lone Duck

Ah Yes ! I love winter ! - 40 and lots of snow. BUUTT ! Nascar is the first sign of spring. To hell with the ground hog.:D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The whole subject is usually met with a cold wave of water here, or just a cold shoulder. For some reason, these boaters are not into auto racing for the most part, and very few are into Nascar.

I for one am actually stoked for a Nationwide race, June 19th at Road America, the best road course in the country. 4 miles and 14 turns of excitement.

ehenry

Commander

Speak for yourself there, Roscoe ! I'm a big fan of ARCA, the trucks, Nationwide series and NASCAR. I for one am glad its back !

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO ! ! ! !

Lone Duck

Speak for yourself there, Roscoe ! I'm a big fan of ARCA, the trucks, Nationwide series and NASCAR. I for one am glad its back !

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO ! ! ! !

RIIIGHTT ONN ! Brother .

a70eliminator

Captain

Sorry I guess I'm one of those other guys, I used to be all into it from 1969 to sometime in the 80's restricter plate era, now I'm in the weeds.

Bifflefan

Commander

I guess you all know my guy....

The Biff-ster... They should just cancel the season, save some money and give the Cup to him right now!!!!:D:D:D

a70eliminator

Captain

Torinos Cyclones Roadrunners Cuda's Chevelle's I think AMC was even in their Machine.
What cars are in there now? Not being fecitious I'm curious, I may start watching it again.

angus63

Captain

Judging from the news lately, all late model Camrys should win every race!!!;):D

mphy98

Lieutenant

UMMM lets see, floor it, turn left. floor it, turn left. floor it, turn left.... I don't get it.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

UMMM lets see, floor it, turn left. floor it, turn left. floor it, turn left.... I don't get it.

rolingonthefloorlaughing.gif
rofl-pig.gif

UMMM Lets see, WOT on the straight, dive down, hit the brake, stomp the gas set the car, steer right going left sideways with 2 cars beside you in an orchestrated dance in the dirt. oh oh oh wait That's DIRT wrong sanctioning body, but its all a blast

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The Biff-ster... They should just cancel the season, save some money and give the Cup to him right now!!!!:D:D:D

Because that's the only way he can win it! The Bif....... Naw, just kiddin'. He's still one of the top drivers. I'm hoping my boy Burton can get in the Chase this year and make a serious run at the Cup. He's getting old enough where his days are getting numbered.

Since they're letting them bump draft again, the boys put on a pretty good show at the Shootout. May get real interesting next Sunday. I bet tempers will be flyin'...

Danica looked pretty darn good in the ARCA race. Who would have thunk it? Personally, I was glad to see it....

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Well... after 30 years... we're going to Daytona on Sunday!

Reason - I can now pay $ 55.00 for a seat. Methinks the economics has done caught up?

I'm really looking forward to a NASCAR race!

tallcanadian

Captain

I love Nascar. I've been waiting since it ended in November to start again. I also like drag racing, well just about anything with old muscle cars. I did a lot of work and have owned many old muscle cars. Old trucks are cool too. The speed channel is on just about all day in my house.

tallcanadian

Captain

Torinos Cyclones Roadrunners Cuda's Chevelle's I think AMC was even in their Machine.
What cars are in there now? Not being fecitious I'm curious, I may start watching it again.

The cars are all different now. They are mostly the same build but with Chev, Ford and Dodge front ends. Chevy Impala ss, Ford Fusion and Dodge Charger right now. The have big wings on the trunk deck instead of spoilers, although they are going back to the spoiler later this year. There are so many changes, it's hard to keep up with them. Although one thing has stayed the same, for now at least, they still run carbureted engines. Other changes I hear are bigger wheels and tires, not the standard 15" anymore, I think Ford is changing to the Mustang body and Dodge may be going to the Challenger and Chev to the Camaro.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I think Ford is changing to the Mustang body and Dodge may be going to the Challenger and Chev to the Camaro.

The Nationwide series is going to debut these models sometime this year, but not for a full season as of yet. Chevy is not going to run the Camaro. They're staying with the Impala as of now...

Lone Duck

I hope Jeff Gordon's slump is over and has a good year.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO ! ! ! !

I'm a fan too, but most here are not.

Often a Nascar thread has gone with only 1 or 2 replies.

And a whole bunch of people? blubbering about turn left turn left turn left.

Since the races were lost in Milw, I will now be going to Road America for the Nationwide race, and hopefully to Chicagoland for the truck race in August.