Nascar - For The Marbles, Homestead

WIMUSKY

Staff member
With Harvick on 4 fresher tires he's going to be tough to beat. Delana looks like she's going to hurl.......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
#4 wins the race and the big trophy. I want to see all the cars with pulled out panels fail post-race inspection.

aspeck

Staff member
Congrats to Osby for the week win and the year win!

GA_Boater

Just like Harvick - Osby wins the race and the iboats Championship. Not even gonna wait for the official results. 64osby :first::first::first::first::first::first:

64osby

Admiral
Thanks Aspect and GA.

I did a doughnut in the driveway tonight to celebrate. No smoke 'cause it is snow covered.

Just made it back from up north opener weekend. Need to watch the race.

QC

Supreme Mariner
I want to see all the cars with pulled out panels fail post-race inspection.
That is getting pretty stupid. You'd think NASCAR would put a stop to it.

So I won the whole shebang in the other league I'm in :D Same as Harv and osby, the race and the championship. FWIW I like the chase and the Fantasy format. But I would say that... I ended up with 8580 over there so osby would've taken that prize as well. Some guy got 9922.5 for the season as the highest point total overall. Wow!

GA_Boater

Good deal, QC. I know you were getting a little worried, but you made the good picks. :thumb:

I remember way back during the season when Logano and Keso were having the pulled out panels after the first pit stop. I think it started about Atlanta or maybe Charlotte, one of the 1 1/2 mile high speed tracks. Nascar choose to ignore it then and for the rest of the season. When the announcers talked about it yesterday, they said Nascar didn't want to make changes during the Chase. So Nascar wasn't going to enforce rules or be selective in the Chase is what I took away from that. It seems to benefit Fords more than other makes.

I think Gordon came up with a good idea for the Chase points. Instead of the Chasers sharing in the same point awards as the non-Chasers, the Chasers should get from 1-16 points plus the bonus points. It would keep the Chasers closer instead of having as much as a 46 point swing. Anyway, It seems like a better way to me.

Congrats on cleaning up, QC. :D

aspeck

Staff member
QC, since we all helped you, does that mean we all get a piece of the prize? LOL! Congrats, Quiet Cat! Good job!

QC

Supreme Mariner
When the announcers talked about it yesterday
Yeah I was tratraveling and was watching with no audio so that helps, thanks. On Gordon's points deal it would be good to compare both examples and see what difference it woulda made.

GA_Boater

I didn't say that in the beginning, the new format didn't sit well with me. But I have to admit, it added to the Chase excitement. I think Gordon's idea, before running numbers, does make sense. The Chasers should be treated as special. After all, they outlasted the other drivers to get into the Chase.

64osby

Admiral
Next year we need to recruit twice as many so we can have a $$$ league.:D

Nice job QC wrapping up the other league.

sam60

Captain
Great job 64osby in winning in the same fashion as Harvick! :clap2:

Thanks GA_ for doing a great job in promoting the races Humpy Wheeler style! :yo: