Nascar - Dover Cup & N-Wide, Trucks at Vegas

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The final race in the first round of the Chase and only 12 go on to the Contender round, where just like the Challenger round, four more drivers are cut. Keso and now Logano are the first two into the Contender round and 10 more will join them. Right now the edge seems to go to Team Penske, but anything can happen between now and the finale Homestead. Hamlin took a big points hit with all his woes on Sunday and apparently his frustration boiled over when he vented to his crew chief. Also Gordon lost points with the late race wall crunch, but no where as bad as Hamlin.

Here is the weekend schedule for all three series. Cup and Nationwide are at the Monster Mile in Dover and Trucks are gambling for a win in Vegas.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26:
  • [*=1]10-10:50 a.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sucky 1 [*=1]11 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sucky 1 [*=1]2-3:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, ESPN2 [*=1]3:40 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27:
  • [*=1]11-11:50 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sucky 1 [*=1]Noon-1:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, No TV [*=1]12:15 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sucky 2 [*=1]1:45-3 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, No TV [*=1]2-2:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sucky 2 [*=1]3:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series race (200 laps, 200 miles), ESPN2 [*=1]6:40 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying [*=1]10 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Rhino Linings 350 (146 laps, 219 miles), FOX Sucky 1
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28:
  • [*=1]2 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AAA 400 (400 laps, 400 miles), ESPN
News
  • First thing, as some of you may have read, Tony Stewart was no-billed by the Grand Jury, in effect no further charges. The fact that Ward's autopsy found evidence of marijauna use was probably the mitigating factor, in my opinion. Smoke's legal trouble may not be over. The Ward Family has indicated civil action against Stewart may be in the offing.
  • Nascar has announced rules changes for next year starting with Daytona. Some of them are;
Horsepower reduction
Roller cams
Spoiler height cut down to 6 inches
No team testing. Only teams invited to Nascar/Godyear are allowed to participate. No testing at Daytona prior to the 500 as before. Severe penalties for teams caught testing privately.
Optional driver adjustable track bar - I wonder who won't use this option?
Racing in the rain at road courses. It's about time
Details are at http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...015-horsepower-reduction-testing-changes.html

iboats Fantasy Live
  • QC was the top points getter at New Hampshire, earning him the coveted weekly :first:.
  • In the overall race, 64 put a few points on Cowboy, now a 147 point advantage.
Good luck!

sam60

Captain
Good work GA_. I'll throw the darts after final practice. :joyous:

GA_Boater

Well that starting post turned into a pile of poo. :eek:

GA_Boater

I have no idea what [*=1] is. :confused:

Harvick has the pole for Sunday's race. How about these fun Happy facts:
  • Won his first race in his 3rd start.
  • From 2001-2013 he had 6 poles
  • In 2014, he's had 7 poles.
Here is where the Chasers qualified by Chase point position;
1) #2-Brad Keselowski, 4th
2) #22-Joey Logano, 16th
3) #4-Kevin Harvick, 1st
4) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 8th
5) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr., 25th
6) #18-Kyle Busch, 2nd
7) #24-Jeff Gordon, 6th
8) #99-Carl Edwards, 18th
9) #20-Matt Kenseth, 14th
10) #47-A.J. Allmendinger, 28th
11) #5-Kasey Kahne, 12th
12) #31-Ryan Newman, 20th
13) #11-Denny Hamlin, 3rd
14) #16-Greg Biffle, 27th
15) #41-Kurt Busch, 22nd
16) #43-Aric Almirola, 21st​

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy based on the line up for Sunday, looks like some of the chasers had a real problem with speed!

GA_Boater

It is probably going to be a wreckfest with the bottom placed Chasers pushing and bumping cars out of the way while trying to move into the top 12 advancement spots.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just walked thru the door and saw Shrubby doing a burnout, so I guess I didn't miss anything.....;)

QC

Supreme Mariner
[*]QC was the top points getter at New Hampshire, earning him the coveted weekly :first:.

Cool. Missed that. I have been paying more attention to the League I'm in for money :redface: I have to say that 64 would be #1 over there as well. Killer job! This week is causing me to think for sure. I'm thinking Penske has blown it's wad for this round, but who knows. Harvick could go wire to wire. But he could also blow an engine on the pace laps. What to do?

GA_Boater

Okey dokey - Gordon wins at Dover and moves on to the next stage with Keso and Logano as the top seeds. Dinger, Armirola, KU Busch and Biffle are knocked out of the Chase. Off to Kansas for the first race in the contender round.

64 was the head of the class winning the week and increased his overall lead. Unofficially, of course. :D

CORRECTION - Gordon, Keso and Logano are not the top seeds. All 12 drivers in the Contender round have their points set to 3000. So no Chaser has any points advantage over any other, it's all even now.

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Really wanted to see Harvick at the end. Bad luck with the tire.

QC - Too bad iboats didn't get enough players to be a money league.

I will be able to live with the results. ;)

aspeck

Staff member
Congrats, osby ... I almost took Keso over JJ ... Had JJ, changed to Keso, and back to JJ ... I kept thinking, "What would osby do?" LOL! Good job!

64osby

Admiral
Congrats, osby ... I almost took Keso over JJ ... Had JJ, changed to Keso, and back to JJ ... I kept thinking, "What would osby do?" LOL! Good job!

Very Funny. I was doing the same thing. Thinking what would Fla do.

Thanks Sam

QC

Supreme Mariner
I almost took Keso over JJ ... Had JJ, changed to Keso, and back to JJ ...
In my other League I swapped out Gordon for JJ at the last minute. I was second over there, but still gained on the leader. If I had not swapped I'd be leading the whole shebang. Dagnabit!! Ratzacrakaflippin'jak! Now I'm gonna have to search JB's posts for the proper usage... :(

GA_Boater

Official results released by Nascar. 64 killed us by almost 50 points over #2 (sorry Art) gets to raise the weekly bling and spray us with Coke, Pepsi, Mt. Dew and Monster Energy drink. He took the adult beverages and :first: away in his hauler, the Suburban. LOL Overall - osby is also pulling away to almost a 240 point lead over Cowboy.

Osby is taking the hauler on a mercy mission driving Dorothy and Toto home to Kansas for the 4th race in the Chase and the first of three in the Contender Round.

64osby

Admiral
Ga's gone wild. :lol:

Don't drink coke, pepsi, dew or energy drinks, but adult beverages count me in.

Don't think the Admiral would appreciate the $500 fuel bill just to take Dorothy and Toto to Kansas so I'll be watching like most here. Weekend weather will be great for being indoors. Wind chill is supposed to be in the 30's during the day.

Still a long ways to go, I'll keep checking my mirror.