Naming my new boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just bought a brand new 2012 xpress center console 20ft with a yamaha f115 four stroke. Now I need to put a name on it and the wife is no help at all. So I'm looking for suggestions.I'm an Industrial Electrician and the wife is a stay at home mom to our 7 year old daughter and 13 year old son.Any he suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.moto_0167.jpgIMG_0148.jpgmoto_0127.jpg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Naming my new boat

That boat cries out to be named for that lovely, smiling daughter. Do you have a nickname for her?

All of my boats except RED SKY were named for little girls. Sunshine I, II and III, Heidi (as in Heidi,Yawl! ) and WeeBit are all as dearly loved as the boats named for them.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

you guys are clever... you should help me (see the link in my sig :D) Persoanlly, I'd air on JB's side and name it for the family..

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

These are good keep them coming.I plan on the maiden voyage in the morning. The bad part is the 10 hour break-in on the new motor. It will be so hard not to open it up.

ziggy

Admiral

how 'bout vision? that must mean something to you.

imho, naming a boat is about something that means something to you. perhaps coy if ya can make happen.
also, ya don't have to name her today. i think it took me a season of procrastinating on the name i chose. funny thing. the first name i came up with is the one i went with, but it took a season of boating to know that.... good luck man, you'll come up with something cool i'm sure...

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

moto_0111.jpgVision is the make of my VIP bowrider that I'm currently trying to sell.Thats how I came up with that name, and that's how I found this site that I am addicted to. But that is a possibility.

southkogs

Staff member

how 'bout vision? that must mean something to you.

imho, naming a boat is about something that means something to you. perhaps coy if ya can make happen.
also, ya don't have to name her today. i think it took me a season of procrastinating on the name i chose. funny thing. the first name i came up with is the one i went with, but it took a season of boating to know that.... good luck man, you'll come up with something cool i'm sure...

^^^Good advice^^^ Not to knock suggestions either, 'cause I'm going to make one: Low Voltage

BonairII

Commander

Electric Eel
Amped up
Gettin' Bit (Double meaning.... getting jolted by electricity and fish are biting)

Wrongsyde

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm going with ziggy here too... you can gather all the clever names you want, but that won't help you in the end. Something'll happen, someday, and you'll know. Maybe not at first. But as you spend time out with the boat, you'll realize that you can't call her anything else. Don't fight it. =D

Oh, and one other thought, based on suggestions given to me on a radio etiquette thread here... your radio handle would best be the name of your boat. So if you're gonna be out fishing with the crew, try not to name her the "Pink Pansy Pants." =)

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

moto_0173.jpgWell, we went on her maiden voyage today, three hours out of 10 for the new engine. I'm IN LOVE!!!! This boat run great rides great, and good on fuel. The wife and kids had a blast they loved the ride as well as I did. Now she just needs a name.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

I agree that it should be something personal to you and your family. Some of these catchy names might be ok for some...but for me I have to have a name with some meaning. I still have not named my Tahoe Q7...we have been kicking around a few names. I personally like Summer Breeze (I like Seals and Crofts...and it reminds me of a day we were laying out in a cove to ourselves enjoying the summer day)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Guilty as CHARGED

Sparky, Sugar'n'Splice, Electric Eel, Line Breaker, Live Wire, Short Circuit, Wire Nut, Amped Up,

Strong Current, Current Event,

CONFUSED

BTW.... I 'spect that if you slap the name of an old girlfriend on the back, ur wifey will get a LOT more helpful... LOL

Edit: I see that a couple of these are already listed above LOL

N3UP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't be in a hurry, a name will present itself when it's ready.

I named my first boat after my daughter (Miss Amy Lynn) since the name that was on it was...well....not fitting to us.
After the end of the first season, we should have named it Family Feud. Always some sort of argument going on.
I now believe the superstitions about renaming boats..... Nothing but nagging little problems until the motor quit.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This old thread is closed, it was bumped back to life by a spammers post that has been deleted and the spammer banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.