my virgin voyage

chifloater

Cadet
Well Me and my wife bought I first boat, neither one of us ever owning one before,and myself not being in the water in 15 years, but it was our dream....we bought a used boat 89 celebrity 20 ft cuddy...we live in chicago and there is so much to do around here....Well saturday in 62 degree we went to Michigan at my buddies cabin in Dowagiac MI @ Indian Lakes, its a small 500 acre lake, but a great place to learn the basics...then today went back home and cruise the river thru burnham,il to alsip and back getting used to it by myself..we are so pumped can wait to hit all the rivers and channels and then the big lake !!! wish us luck and hope to meet alot of new friends who enjoy the passion....

Blue Crabber

Ensign
Re: my virgin voyage

Well Me and my wife bought I first boat, neither one of us ever owning one before,and myself not being in the water in 15 years, but it was our dream....we bought a used boat 89 celebrity 20 ft cuddy...we live in chicago and there is so much to do around here....Well saturday in 62 degree we went to Michigan at my buddies cabin in Dowagiac MI @ Indian Lakes, its a small 500 acre lake, but a great place to learn the basics...then today went back home and cruise the river thru burnham,il to alsip and back getting used to it by myself..we are so pumped can wait to hit all the rivers and channels and then the big lake !!! wish us luck and hope to meet alot of new friends who enjoy the passion....

Congratulations and welcome to iboats! Glad that everything we well! Good job on picking out a small place to get started! Not that you have been bitten by the bug, you will never be the same again!:D

justchange

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats on your maiden voyage!! Not al of us have been that fortunate. :(

Just a suggestion. Before going on Lake Michigan, make sure you have some sort of device for weather. You get out a few miles and it can change------that quick.

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

Yea! My kind of boating. My wife, kid, and I took the boat across Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion in Columbia SC. Then dropped through the lock onto the Cooper River and ran it all the way to Charleston SC. Coolest trip we have done to date. Seen gators, dolphins, eagles. River boating is tops in my book.(unless you hear banjo music)