My New 1970 Starchief

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
if im reading it right it is 13 by 19
That’s in the same ballpark as the 13x18 I have with the Merc 90 four stroke on my 67 Starchief. I had a 13x21 on it at first and that was too much pitch with a full boat. I do get a higher cruise and top end than you mention, but all in all that’s about what you can expect from these hulls in my limited experience. If I ever can try out a 17 I may just see if that is even better. You can read about my prop experiments in the thread in my signature. Have fun, these are great boats.

Ron

motley crew

Cadet
That’s in the same ballpark as the 13x18 I have with the Merc 90 four stroke on my 67 Starchief. I had a 13x21 on it at first and that was too much pitch with a full boat. I do get a higher cruise and top end than you mention, but all in all that’s about what you can expect from these hulls in my limited experience. If I ever can try out a 17 I may just see if that is even better. You can read about my prop experiments in the thread in my signature. Have fun, these are great boats.

Ron
hope that helped you i gotta be honest ireally dont know much about props and pitches that is the prop the mechincs at marina sugessted for me and it worked good a good prop to me is one that doesnt fall off kinda like my ex wife and gas in a car if its full car must be ready to go

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Looks great. In my area, that would be a killer steal. Great looking boat. I like the half curtain. That really opens it up

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Looks great. In my area, that would be a killer steal. Great looking boat. I like the half curtain. That really opens it up
Ok this is weird, I could swear I was looking at a batch of pics on a different boat. I want to look again this am and they are gone?? I didn’t dig up a year old post here

Ledhed

Recruit
Ok this is weird, I could swear I was looking at a batch of pics on a different boat. I want to look again this am and they are gone?? I didn’t dig up a year old post here
Probably my post. Most likely got deleted because I posted on someone else's thread. Look in the Pics of my Starcraft thread.