My boat is sinking, but I will be fine

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Taking on a little water but I think I survived. taken in Mexico last month.

mexico2012.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: My boat is sinking, but I will be fine

Hoping to be doing the same in Costa Rica on Friday for 10 days.:D

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

Been looking at Belize but havent decided yet.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Kobe, You suck....:D

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kobe, You suck....:D

BaaHaaHaa:D

Going to Punta Cana in April... might even be able to get my boat out of storage when I get back:eek:

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hoping to be doing the same in Costa Rica on Friday for 10 days.:D

we thought about Cost Rica but after seeing the list of med shots, we said Hell No... lol

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Been looking at Belize but havent decided yet.

I don't think Belize is even included in the Air Canada travel guides.... been to Cancun twice, Jamaica twice, Punta Cana twice, puerto Plata twice and Aruba once. definitely enjoy the carribean!

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What does one do in Goose Bay Canada? I looked it up on the map and looks as though you could make a day trip of Greenland almost! And I thought most Canadians lived near the U.S. Border!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

What does one do in Goose Bay Canada? I looked it up on the map and looks as though you could make a day trip of Greenland almost! And I thought most Canadians lived near the U.S. Border!

They take vacations to the tropics.....lol.......

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Someone got to do it...:redface: been to Greenland several times in my previous life!

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know how you must feel kobe. We were in Orlando for 2 weeks. This wasn't our first rip and defiitelt won't be our last. We got seriously hooked this time. Looking at buying condo on the beach somewhere. Of course it will have to have a place to store the boat (ie. marina) since I won't always have my tow vehicle down there.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

9 days 12 hours, and a few minutes. But who's counting?

aspeck

Staff member

We were in Orlando for 2 weeks ... We got seriously hooked this time. Looking at buying condo on the beach somewhere...

Umm, NewfieDan, I don't care what the reality guy says, there is no beach close to Orlando :eek:;)

Just thought I might be able to save you some cash and some aggrevation.:facepalm: Those crazy Canadians! :p:D

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Umm, NewfieDan, I don't care what the reality guy says, there is no beach close to Orlando :eek:;)

Just thought I might be able to save you some cash and some aggrevation.:facepalm: Those crazy Canadians! :p:D
What do you mean there's no beach near Orlando!? I thought I saw a few. There may be an occasional weed or gator, but I'm sure i saw something that looked a lot like a beach.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Wife and I bought a 2 BR condo in Stuart 2 years ago at a great price. It's in a 55+ yachting community and I have a deeded dock suitable for up to a 30' x 10' boat as part of the deal. I'm right on the St. Lucie and Okeechobee Rivers and less than a half hour by boat to the ICW and St. Lucie Inlet. All I need is a boat!

It's a half-hour drive from West Palm airport, about a 3-hour drive from Orlando, 1.5 hours from Fort Lauderdale and 5 hours from Key West. Stuart, Port St. Lucie, Jensen Beach, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island et al are in (IMO) a great boating area and there are many good condo deals to be had.

My .02

sasto

Captain

:)... 51 more days to Sunny Punta Cana:cool:, but like the man above says who's counting

How many days now, kobe?

I spent several winters in the DR. Kept the boat at Casa de Campo. I rode my motorcycle all over the island. Punta Cana has really grown over the years into a beautiful spot.

Have Fun!

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

:)... 51 more days to Sunny Punta Cana:cool:, but like the man above says who's counting

7 day cruise down through 3 islands then back to Miami and home to Michigan. Spriing came early, we have had 70-80 degree's every day for 2 weeks in March in Michigan??? The tan will stay around this spring, the Morels are just starting to pop around here, a full month ahead of schedule. Walleye bite is going strong in the Detroit River and my boat is 180 miles north stored in a garage!!
Thanks Ma Nature!!

rt_hawley

Seaman

Being an air force guy, I was stationed in Goose Bay...and let me tell ya, when they say it's the end of the road, they ain't kidding!! There are exactly 36km of paved highway in Goose. I will say that it was, without a doubt, the best posting of my career. The people are second to none and will give you the shirt off their back. Lots of stuff to do around the base and in the little town of Happy Valley, but if it's adventure you're looking for, its the wrong place to be. Eight months of winter and you start getting cabin fever in a SERIOUS way! Best fishing and hunting around though. Hey..you make the best of what you've got. And if you think Goose sounds bad, they're talking about sending me to Thule, Greenland for a year without family...DOH!! COME ON RETIREMENT!!

rt_hawley

Seaman

Oh..by the way Chris....Goose Bay started as a United States Air Force Base way back when. During the height of the Cold War, it was a SAC (Strategic Air Command) station where the B-52s sat on alert.