My '83 Starcraft 160 ss

johncrowe1

Cadet
Ok so here's the pics it's an 83. I got it back in June of last year and it was water ready so I haven't really started on it but I am getting ready to. The floors are good for the most part and the transoms strong but I will replace floor soon. I ordered my trolling motor today a Birthday present to my self. I got the minn kota power drive v2 it's 50 lbs thrust and 54" shaft. I'm ready to get started on this.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

InMotion

Commander
Re: My '83 Starcraft 160 ss

Hey JC1.... looks like you've got yourself and nice project there! Might wanna really check the transom out... if the floors are going it usually makes sense to just replace the transom while your ripping everything apart!

J.

johncrowe1

Cadet

Yeah inmotion I intended to the floors are solid except one spot between the bow seats. The transom will be replaced when I do floors but it is strong no movement at all. The previous owner must have had a thing for drilling hole cause its full of em on the gunwales and splashwell. I think I'll just use it this summer put some seats in and a trolling motor and start the restore in the late fall,don't want to miss any fishing. Any suggestions on filling in the drilled holes and the messed up splash well besides the duck tape,the po done that not me. It's a 1976 60hp mariner by the way. I gpsed it last summer and it does 36 mph with just me.

johncrowe1

Cadet

I only have about $500 bucks in this boat by the way . Done some trading on a gun to get it.