My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
Corjen1.
It looks like the plywood piece under the windshield at the floor is a little to tall. Pics may be misleading though.
Anyway you can lift the top back up just enough to trim it about a inch right in the center where the walkway is?
Being a Aircraft person also you and i both know. Nothing flies(floats) until it's right!
Now i know no ones life is depending on it being right but i bet it will bug the s**t outta you knowing it is not right

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Patin, Ill check that out!!

Have I told you guys I despise wiring....??? 10 hours of the mind numbing carp!! The entire boat is wired, short the trim pump and hooking up the JBL amp.

This is all I have to show you....no "lektrik" tape or butt splices, all joints/connectors soldered and heat shrinked.

I lucked out here.. this chine is outside the transom area!!!!

I did manage to find the hot end of the solder iron with the side of my leg....its hot!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice neat job on the wiring ... I'm not real fan of doing wiring either... I spend most of the time scratching my head ....

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Nice looking job on the wiring Cor....neatness is a big plus in my book when it comes to wiring, yours is excellent.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Your wiring job looks good to me. The wiring under our Starcraft's splashwell is not neat at all. It works, but could use cleaning up. Yeah wiring isn't my favorite job either. One more thing to check off your list though, and a neat job at that.:thumb:

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wiring is a snap....no problems at all. When you hook up the battery and flip the switch, whatever is wired wrong will smoke and melt. :facepalm: You can always find your mistakes. :rolleyes: Everything is really looking good and professional. Once again I say nice job.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
All wiring complete sans the trim pump!! Also got to do some functional checks!!!!

One more on next post... if I can get it to load....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Song is appropriate for the boat name...Nauti-Thoughts. Have a great rest of your weekend!!

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looks like you are getting really close to a spash!

Arch, the plan is the 3rd week in July...Still a ways to go, but definitely getting there!!

Decided to put the decals on the ToP tonight...came out pretty good I think!!

Have a great evening!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just a note for the future folks. the 115 is supposed to be at the back....I F!@#$ up and put mine on backwards.... They are staying that way though!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hmmmm now I'm wondering how I put mine on.....I'll have to go look! Looks great anyway, don't thin anyone will ever notice!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Corjen if anybody says anything to you about the stickers being on backwards after seeing the attention to detail you've put into this resto I will personally drive from North East Tennessee and smack them silly!

Well okay maybe I'll just give them a stern look of dissaproval from affar.:rolleyes: I seriously doubt anyone will notice though.

zool

Captain
Mercury screws up a lot of things, I say the 115 belongs exactly where you put it, on this remarkable Glastron restore!...she's a cool old mistress, hope she treats you well