mr43lts vs r42lts

chris2114

Cadet
Hi I'm new to this forum and I just bought my first boat. Been riding jetskis for a while and riding in my friends boats and decided to get one. I however have picked up a project. Its a 1995 rinker 180 3.0 and alpha one Gen 2. It was sat out for quite some time and most of the interiror is trashed. I was able to save most of the seats and some of the trim. The floor in the back half of the boat is soft. I started ripping it out and when I got past the gas tank there was a seam for another section of wood and it was dry and still solid with no indication of rotting. I decided to stop there so I'm going to replace the floor in the back half only. I will be replacing it with composite/plastic decking so hopefully I won't have to deal with rot again. The transom is solid and I can jump on the drive and there is no flex, and as far as I can tell all the stringers are completely fiberglass. I have only had it a few weeks but it has come along way. The engine is good compression is 151-154 in all cylinders the outdrive oil is clean and operates properly so that's good.
My question is that I'm going through the engine and doing tune up, the tag calls for mr43lts plugs and none of the auto parts stores have them. Looked up the cross reference and it goes to a r42lts the only thing I can see diff in this plug is slightly higher heat range. Has anyone used these plugs any insight would be great.
Thanks and I'll try to get some pics up this weekend

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Yer auto parts store, Should be able to order for overnite delivery, of the Right plugs,....
If not, yer shoppin' at the wrong auto parts store,....

Not only is the heat range a step off,...
The "M" in the part number means Marine,....
The auto plug is a steel bodied plug that'll rust, Bad, in no time,...
The Marine plug is an alloy bodied plug that won't rust into the head, for ages,....

achris

More fish than mountain goat
You can also use the NGK equivalent... BPR6EFS... You should be able to find them just about anywhere...

chris2114

Cadet
Thanks will be ordering those Monday then just clean the Carb and take it to the lake to test