Moving around on this site

izoomie

Petty Officer 1st Class
I like to hit the "new posts" link to see just the, well...new posts. I scroll down the list find one I want to read then click on it. I do my thing and sometimes post a reply.

My question is, Is there an easy way to get back to the New Posts list where I left off? Right now I'm hitting "back" 3 - 5 times.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Moving around on this site

Uhhh ...... ummmmm I don't think so. To alleviate that problem I normally open the post I want to read/see/reply in another tab (or window) depending on the browser.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Just hit back three times. If it asks for a "resend or cancel" dialog when hitting back, just use the back dropdown arrow next to the back button and select the 2nd in the list. Although just hitting "new posts" again will make a new list minus the threads you have already looked at or responded to.

The bad news is your "my posts" list won't update for two hours, so if the thread you responded to is active and you want to keep track of it, you'll need to hunt it down the manual way.

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just hit new posts again.

shuswap119

Seaman

izoomie,

Like Bob said, just right click and open in a new tab.

Regards,

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Right click the post you want to read, and hit open in new window...then when you are done with that post just close it and you are still at same spot on page with "new post"

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Instead of hitting the back button. Hit the down arrow beside it. You will get a list of back pages. Just pick the one you want to go back to.