More 25 evinrude hurdles

Starboardlean

Seaman
25553b... This was a no compression project. Blown head gasket fixed. Magneto plate wobbling. Fixed. Point gap problem fixed. Gummy Carb, fixed.Now she is easy starting..Today was her big sea trial. 10 miles up river and back. And she did fine, a little lacking in low to mid range. No bogging spitting etc. Just not quite the snap I expect. I ran her a few minutes with hood off to keep eyes on things, mainly magneto plate for wobble.All was good, maybe a better grease so timing will advance slicker, but a small victory. Put the hood on to quieten the ride. Yeah it was quieter. Felt slower to, I wrote that off to imagination. Nope, feels slower. Hood off, she is faster, no doubts. Inspected hood and inside is covered in 2 stroke juices.Slimy on block some to. In my 275 gal tank I went around seams with carb spray while she was idling, and got no hits. Reason being is I have low speed adjusted almost 3 turns out to stop a lean sneeze. I figured every motor is different, although that it a far cry from 1.5 turn. So I am running rich, got exhaust leak, which I assume is also by nature a vacuum leak, the source of my lean sneeze....correct??Back home tear her down to bare block. What do I find? Billy Bob prior owner JB welded bottom port side between crank case and block seam. No physical damage, just Jerry rigged. Sorry for the rant. 2 steps forward, 1 step back with this project. But forward progress overall.

Any leads on gasket between crankcase and block, the one I need??

Newyota

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just looked at parts diagram on another site.What gasket again?Where is the leak??Did you look at parts diagram yet?I thought Gelseal was used when re doing a motor?Can you put a photo on here?I have a lean sneeze at idle also and working thru that now.Have mine adjusted out 1 3/4, maybe I should try 3 turns.

Starboardlean

Seaman
I had fuel all over my cowling and engine was noticeably slowly with hood on.And a lean sneeze at low speed, was running 3 turns out to prevent it Prior owner has JB Welded small spot on starboard side at the bottom where crankcase meets block. I researched hard last night. Loctite 518 or equivalent is used seal the flanges. It was a bear, but not overly hard. Reassembled today, won't barrel test until next weekend. Strange thing is I sprayed seams with carb cleaner, and got no hits. But obviously I was not to thorough since I missed the JB weld. I carefully chipped the epoxy of and it was definitely soak with fuel