Model/Serial #????? HELP....

rendog3

Cadet
Recently purchased 1990 Force 120hp, the plate that has the model/serial number is missing. Is there any other way to get this info. I have parts books, and they are for the "B" model. It has a 20" transom, and is mounted on a sweet 19' Wellcraft CC. The only thing I have noticed from the books I have is that the fuel pump on the motor is square, not round like all the books(if this helps any). I would like to get a water pump kit/impeller to change this fall, and a fuel pump kit, but first I need to find the model/serial #. Can anyone HELP PLEASE!!!<br /><br />Thanks..this forum is great!

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: Model/Serial #????? HELP....

Square pump is a Merc pump.<br /><br />As for the impeller...you may have your choice of 3 different ones. It will depend which gearcase is on the engine.<br /><br />Does the exhaust exit thru the prop or a snout above the prop?<br /><br />TMD

rendog3

Cadet
Re: Model/Serial #????? HELP....

Thanks TMD,<br /><br />The exhaust comes out the snout above the prop. If this helps any, the reverse gear was replaced with part# 43-816435 some time ago. The owners manual I have has a gear ratio listed of 14:27. Is this any help?<br /><br />Also, since the fuel pump is a Merc, does this indicate the entire motor is Merc?<br /><br />A few more questions...had her out on the water this morning. Kinda sluggish up to about 3800rpm, then real snappy...tops out at 5100-5200 RPM and 35-36mph...sound in the OK range? The voltmeter while over 4000rpm is reading ~17, and around 14-15 when motor is off, but has a tough time turning over sometimes, clicks and then slowly cranks. Bad battery?<br /><br />Your reply is very valued.<br /><br />Thanks.