Model Number Location?

SYCHOWAND

Cadet
hi all am new to site and boating as im sure you will gather ;) have a 91 sunbird with a johnson 90 v4 twin on it (have been told its around 91 and a long shaft) and want to locate the model number so i can order the correct workshop manual! so if anyone can help with location of both id appreciate it. the only number i can see is on top of the engine block stamped inside an oval R8616146 with an M inside a small square underneath that! it ran low on 2 stroke oil the alarm sounded so i refilled the oil tank but after a few hours use something hit one of the spark plugs and closed up the gap but and heres the strange bit all the comprssions are ok around the 115psi mark! so have no idea what it could have been. replaced the plug and it seems to run fine but not had it back in the water yet was thinking of using a weak premix until i know its mixing its own gas and oil does this seem like the way to go? many thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Model Number Location?

hi all am new to site and boating as im sure you will gather ;) have a 91 sunbird with a johnson 90 v4 twin on it (have been told its around 91 and a long shaft) and want to locate the model number so i can order the correct workshop manual! so if anyone can help with location of both id appreciate it. the only number i can see is on top of the engine block stamped inside an oval R8616146 with an M inside a small square underneath that! it ran low on 2 stroke oil the alarm sounded so i refilled the oil tank but after a few hours use something hit one of the spark plugs and closed up the gap but and heres the strange bit all the comprssions are ok around the 115psi mark! so have no idea what it could have been. replaced the plug and it seems to run fine but not had it back in the water yet was thinking of using a weak premix until i know its mixing its own gas and oil does this seem like the way to go? many thanks

That is the serial number, not much use. Unless you had the wrong spark plug in there (too long), then you must NOT run the motor till you find out what caused it. Something is broken inside and running it will only make it much worse and FAST!

SYCHOWAND

Cadet
Re: Model Number Location?

That is the serial number, not much use. Unless you had the wrong spark plug in there (too long), then you must NOT run the motor till you find out what caused it. Something is broken inside and running it will only make it much worse and FAST!

and just as summer starts! i love my life grrrrrrrrr