Miss my Boat

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class
Summer is gone and it seems like forever since we were out on our boat. I used to love Fall and Winter, but now since I got my boat, I can't wait for summer to return. What's wrong with me????:confused:

The sad part is that Winter isn't even here yet...:(

NelsonQ

Lieutenant
Re: Miss my Boat

I know the feeling. I'm in my second year of boat ownership (and my second boat;))

I miss being out on the boat and its only been 4 weeks. And to make things worse, we had 5-6 inches of snow last night for the first time. Uuggh!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i feel for you guys, we have record cold, coldest day for October, in 120 years yesterday high 52, this morning record low 38,

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

It was 29 outside this morning when I left for work. My poor boat was sitting there in the driveway looking lonely and cold....

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

that is one reason i like my outboards, here they don't need to be winterized, in a couple of days it will be warm enough to get back on the water.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It sure is depressing when you cant use your boat. Wind and chill kept me in port the last 2 days. Got down to 52 last night and will have to wait till FRI. before it goes up to 80 in the day time. NEWS say to gulf waters are down to 77. Bummer!! Makes up for all those snowy windy days in NEWARK. BTW, what does winterizing a boat that people talk about mean? FRED

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Shoot, most of you (except for NelsonQ) are at least a long day trip south of where I am and I still have my boat in the water - at least for a couple more weeks. It helps that it is in a boathouse, as it has been snowing since last evening. Supposed to be back to the 50s by the weekend...
- Scott

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer

I feel for you, but to me its not bad for me at all. I transition from summer to winter easily by just going from my boats to snowmobiles. Dont get me wrong, i love boating, but there is just something about snowmobiling that gives me an addreniline rush more so than anything else. Sorry guys, but i can't wait for winter! Then when the snow starts melting, i'll be saying i cant wait for summer. Its an endless cycle.

mthieme

Captain

I still have one in the water...hope to go out a couple more times after rock.

krakatoa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We are over 83 degrees now, Sorry Guys!!!!!:):)

lkbum

Chief Petty Officer

I'm in North Atlanta and use the boat all winter, including days where it's in the 40's. Put the tops on which have a lot plastic glass (can't remember the tech term for the stuff, Isenglass??). Let the boat sit in the direct sun for an hour or two and it's pretty warm inside. Come back, let the boat cool for an hour or so and then drain the block, manifolds, Heat X. No big deal (I have twin IO's and drain things in about 15 minutes). I've got anitfreeze in the freshwater tank so the wife can still use the potty. I don't see what the big deal is about draining the block (vs an outboard), it's pretty easy to do and snuggling against those warm blocks on a chilly day is actually kind of nice!!

45Auto

Commander

Same here. Use my boat year round. Usually have a couple of months of below freezing nights, but lots of nice weather in between. No big deal to drain it. It has the Merc air pressure drain set up, takes about 5 seconds to drain. Just keep an eye on the drain fittings on both sides and make sure both sides are draining when I pressurize the valve.

Pic from last weekend:

DSC03707.jpg

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I really miss being on the water too. This is my first year of owning a boat and even though I put 95 hours on the hour meter this year, I still can't get enough.

The last few times we went out the water was just too cold to get in, so that took a lot of the fun out of it and we realized it time to get it winterized and start on the upgrades for next year.

Bring on summer!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

The sad part is that Winter isn't even here yet...
What's up with that? It' supposed to be back in the mid 60s by the weekend. I just put the boat back in the water for Striper season after having it sit on the trailer since June. :D