Mid 90's Evinrude paint color matching (what I should have done)

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mid 90's Evinrude paint color matching

shoot Yea man....would love to see more pictures of her!

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

What I should have done was to find the rattle can color I wanted to use for the lower cowl down to the foot and took it to the paint shop to match for the upper cowl. But....since I did it the other way and could not find a rattle can color close enough to please me, I just embraced my creative side and just went with what looked good. I'm sure someone is bound to be thinking " why the heck did you not just take the whole boat, motor and all, and paint the entire thing?" well, money. The owner did not want to pay the amount needed for that, but realized that the money spent to get the upper cowl painted with good quality catalyst paint, since it gets the most abuse from the sun and is also what shows up the most, was money well spent. I simply did not want to have to clean up my equipment for such a small job since I'm in the auto repair business not the body shop business, all that is just more of a hassle for me. Now if it is a big job, like my personal 52 Duracraft Sportsman, I'll gladly go to the trouble, but small stuff that someone else is paying for, I'd rather drive a couple miles up the road and get my body shop buddy to knock it out. That way he gets to make a little pocket money out of the deal too. Everybody is happy. Anyway here is how it turned out.

20140303_130415.jpg

20140303_130445.jpg

20140303_130308.jpg

Last edited:

nwcove

Admiral

your attachments are invalid?

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

your attachments are invalid?

Yea, I know, they posted "clocked" wrong and I was correcting them. Not sure why it does that on here.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Hopefully The owner will like it. One of the guys at the shop said "not much to complain about, it looks 1000 times better than it did" LOL :concern: time will tell, but he usually likes what I do.

Last edited:

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Mid 90's Evinrude paint color matching (what I should have done)

looks great!! owner should be quite happy with the way it turned out.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mid 90's Evinrude paint color matching (what I should have done)

Thanks, He is supposed to come after it today.