Michgan Wheel Vortex vs Turning Point MasterGuard?

BigBabyLou

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am thinking about getting a prop with replacable hub and housing. I've seen MW Vortex and TP MasterGuard systems and I would like to ask opinions on these two (or any other systems that exist). I've heard some good and bad things (rumors) about each but want to hear expert opinions or at least first hand experience.<br /><br />Opinions? Experiences? Comparison?<br /><br />Thanks!<br />Lou<br /><br />P.S.: I have a 460 OMC and would be interested in 15-1/4"x15" prop (or 15"x17") if that matters.

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Michgan Wheel Vortex vs Turning Point MasterGuard?

I have the MW system, I find it to works great and very easy to use. Now as far as TP goes I cant tell you much but my logic was this even though it may be flawed..HA HA... MW makes a whole load of props that use this system as well as mercruiser, TP is the only one that I have seen to use their system.. So if you buy TP you will be limited to their props, where if you go with the Flo Torque system you have more options.<br /><br />I have a vortex 4 blade aluminum on my rig 20P and it works great couldnt be happier...<br /><br />my 2c<br /><br />Tallman