Meshed Bag/Organizer in the cabin?

kawiski

Cadet
Several years ago I saw meshed bags, 12" x 24", that were installed on the wall of inside of a cuddy cabin boat. You can put all kinds of little stuff in there to organize the inside the cabin area. Does anyone know the name of such bags or where I can purchase? I googled and checked several online boating supply stores but no luck.

Y-Guy

Seaman
Re: Meshed Bag/Organizer in the cabin?

Check out some commercial laundry bags or sports ball bags.

kawiski

Cadet

Yes, any online link would be helpful.

I thought those bags were specifically designed for boats, but I guess not.

Another question is how they would be attached to the carpetted single layer fiberglass cuddy cabin wall (like my Trophy 1802WA)? If you put screws to hold them, it would poke outside. I have a rather small 2-person cabin and trying to organize stuffs in a very limited space is always an challenge.

kawiski

Cadet

Yes, that looks very much like what I saw, rectangular meshed nylon bags. The one in that link is pricy, $45/ea. I will need about 6 of those so I can put on 3 each side of the cabin wall. I just have to figure out how to attach those bags and make sure they stay attached with some weight in them. Any idea?

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found some at WalMart in the boating supply section. Black mesh storage bag with drawstring for $9.00. They're located where all of the boating accessories are located...such as gas tank fittings, etc.

I couldn't locate them on the WalMart website but they are in the store.