mercury remote

57belair

Cadet
I have 1979 115 mercury,when trying to start is there a way to give this motor gas with out neutral switch cuting juice to motor ,i have just been hitting choke ,

ricksrster

Commander
Re: mercury remote

Some controls have a warm up lever on top of the control next to the throttle/shift lever. Others have a button located on the throttle/shift lever that disengages the shift and allows you to give some throttle to warm up.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: mercury remote

The Quicksilver model 3000 has the big pushbutton (I currently have this one) . The model 4000 may be the one with the lift up lever (had one back in 89 but forget the model number) which I'd take in a heartbeat over the 3000 for convenience.........butttttttt the former mounts with the cables behind the mounting surface, the latter has the cables exposed. Also the key is separate from the box (former) and contained in the box (latter) ....one may be more convenient than the other because operating the latter causes you to reach back and your elbow may hit something.....slightly inconvenient but operates the fast idle much better.

Mark