mercruiser props compadible with merc outboards

rodster

Seaman
Are mercruiser alpha series props compadible with classic mercury outboards 115HP...Any comments would be appreciated... thanks<br /><br />rodster

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: mercruiser props compadible with merc outboards

This is just a guess rodster, but I sure would think so.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

S.T. Marine

Petty Officer 1st Class

They are but you have to make sure the nut is compatiable with the locking washer or equivilant to the hub on the propeller. If the shaft splines are the same it will work. Only thing that is diffrent would be the hub assembly. It may call for a diffrent locking washer!! Good luck!

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry, They are not the same diameter. I can't remember the exact size difference but the Mercruiser props are 4 1/2 " (may not be corect) and the in-line 4 series of props (125/115/90/75 hp) are smaller. V-6 outboard props are the same as the Mercruiser props tho. I'm talking aluminum now. There are small hub stainless props that can be used on a v-6 outboards but that's another story.

rodster

Seaman

thanks allot guys...the reason why i'm asking, online i saw a s.s. prop mercruiser alpha series for 110$..what a steal...what do you thik...

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Agreed. Alpha One fits props from outboards with 4 3/4" gearcases:<br /><br />135/150/150XR/150Magnum/175/175XRi/175Magnum/200 series and 275 etc. Merc/Mariner<br /><br />The smaller motors have 4 1/4" gearcases.<br /><br />Add to this some special fitments (racing setups) where the small gearcase are fitted to large motors to reduce drag (the lower unit is ohysically smaller) and special prop designs that do not care about gearcase design.