Mercruiser 4.3 Temperature & Oil Pressure Gauges

Birdsboat

Seaman
I have recently tested my temperature and oil pressure gauges as per the instructions in the manual and I get no response from the gauges. Am I able to use a Faria gauge as a replacement or do they need to be the same Mercury part?

biggjimm

Chief Petty Officer
If the Faria gauges come with sending units then just install gauges & new senders & you'll be set.

If not, they may work with the original senders, you'd probably be best to contact Faria. Or just get new senders from them for their gauges.

You've got power to the gauges from the key switch & no movement when you ground the sender terminals, correct? And the senders check out?
Sounds like time for new gauges. There are some pretty decent priced complete sets if you google around awhile. Chances are the rest of the gauges aren't too far behind in konking out on ya.

Good luck
Jim

Birdsboat

Seaman
Thanks biggjimm. I?ve checked all the other gauges and they all need changing. I will look for a set as you say. I?ll make sure I get senders with them

Bondo

Staff member
I?ll make sure I get senders with them

Ayuh,.... It shouldn't matter,.... Boat gauges are standardized,.... Marine is Marine,....

biggjimm

Chief Petty Officer
Ayuh,.... It shouldn't matter,.... Boat gauges are standardized,.... Marine is Marine,....

That's good to know. I guess I'm used to the automotive industry where every component manufacturer does things a little different & you run into compatability issues frequently.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Probably 'cause so many automotive parts are proprietary,....

Generally,.... Boat builders use whatever they can buy off the shelf,...