Mercruiser 4.3 LX boat died while driving and won't start back up

Scrowley707

Cadet
I did the test below on my boat. I don't know if that is ok to try on a thunderbolt V? But if I ground the green white wire from the module I still have 12v constant on my dissy. Does that mean the module needs to be replaced? "dubs283 described how to do this test the best. If you set your meter to dc volts and connect the positive to the negative side of the coil and the negative side to a good ground, with the ignition "on" hold the white/green wire from the module to ground for a few seconds, if the voltage drops to 7-9 volts, then returns to 12, the module is good. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....=1#post2970677"

Scrowley707

Cadet
I checked all the grounds. And even added a few extra. And my last post was wrong. I had the 12v on the negative side of the coil not the dizzy

Scrowley707

Cadet
I checked all the grounds. And even added a few extra. And my last post was wrong. I had the 12v on the negative side of the coil not the dizzy

Scrowley707

Cadet
I replaced all everything on the boat already. Cap, rotor, sensor, spark plugs. Plug wires. Tried 2 different coils. Tried disconnecting the tach. And the boat will still give me spark for a couple seconds then cut out. I don't know what else to do. I ordered a new ICM hopefully that will fix it