Mercruiser 3.0L PowerTrim Cuts In At Speed

rnorman3

Seaman
Hello members, my trim up and down works fine. The only issue is - once I hit apx. 30mph, the trim pump turns on, (the leg though is not going up or down). It's almost like the trim pump is trying to hold the current trim position. If I quickly throttle down (1 second), the trim pump turns off, then I quickly throttle back to just below the previous throttle setting at say 25mph all is fine (I stay on plane this entire time). Then say I cruise along and decide to go 30mph again, pump turns on again. I can use the trim switch any time and it works up and down. This has been like it for the last 25 hrs of use.

I found this you tube => video , looks like the same unit I have. My pump sounds the same as his when it cuts in at speed - kind of a squeeling sound.

Very confusing - how can the pump run but leg not go up or down. What is causing it to cut in?

Any help appreciated!

rnorman3

Seaman
Check your switch
Thanks alldodge, the trim control rocker switch on the throttle lever fully checked out good. I was hoping someone had this issue before but perhaps not so far.... I'll also do more troubleshooting on the water next time i'm out.