Mercruiser 140 Mercarb

Uncle Dave

Petty Officer 1st Class
Greetings all,<br /><br />I need to work on my carb. and have the wrong manual I have #13. Similiar but is for a later model<br /><br />The Model is MCM 140 181 Cid<br />Serial # is oa634122<br /><br />Can someone please tell me which mercruiser manual.<br />Mercruiser web site is crafty and will not tell you which manual #.<br />Or a website that list such numbers.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Uncle Dave

retodd

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Mercruiser 140 Mercarb

I just rebuilt my mercarb 120 1986 model and still have the diagrams if it will help...Only difference is the main jet as far as i know of.

Uncle Dave

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks retodd, <br />But I am looking for a genuine manual.<br />I rebuilt my carb a few months back. I used the instructions that came with the kit. Ran good for a while but is now flooding. I want the original book to check a few of the settings. Plenty of books on eabay but you gotta know the number.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Don<br />But I notice that # 8 is for Mercury 4cy<br />and #10 is for GM 4 cyl. Same years<br />Arent they one and the same?<br />Confused Uncle Dave

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Uncle Dave:<br /> Thanks Don<br />But I notice that # 8 is for Mercury 4cy<br />and #10 is for GM 4 cyl. Same years<br />Arent they one and the same?<br />Confused Uncle Dave
# 8 is for Mercury 4cy............. That's the 470s.... Merc.'s Own motor.........<br /><br />#10 is for GM 4 cyl.......... That's Your motor..........

Uncle Dave

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Bondo,<br /><br />I will order the #10