Mercontrol Help

lp142

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I picked up an old Mercontrol that was dissasembled and I'm going to use on my 1966 inline 6, is there an initial setting for the throttle/shift cables that I need to make before I screw it back together?

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: Mercontrol Help

None that I know of..everything in there is fixed/detented, etc and adjusted at the barrel nuts. Far as I know anyway..had my box apart for new cables over the winter, can't remember anything else

Tadd_P

Petty Officer 3rd Class

no initial settings. Matter is that your cables are the right length and the harness is right for your motor. Depending on what that control came off of makes the whole difference whether or not it will work for you!

dkdesigns

Recruit

I am looking for a website which carries shift cables from my MerControl Box back to the 1978 Mercury 80 HP 4 cylinder outboard motor. They seem to be 10 foot long cables. My main problem is that the throttle cable inside my MerController has a black round plastic bushing which holds the cable in place to shift, and it has broke in half. Seems in order to find this little part I will need to buy the entire throttle cable. Is this true ? Also is there a good website with manual instructions as how to put this unit back together to make sure the throttle is aligned with the shift arm and housing wheel ?
Thanks, Dave

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

I am looking for a website which carries shift cables from my MerControl Box back to the 1978 Mercury 80 HP 4 cylinder outboard motor. They seem to be 10 foot long cables. My main problem is that the throttle cable inside my MerController has a black round plastic bushing which holds the cable in place to shift, and it has broke in half. Seems in order to find this little part I will need to buy the entire throttle cable. Is this true ? Also is there a good website with manual instructions as how to put this unit back together to make sure the throttle is aligned with the shift arm and housing wheel ?
Thanks, Dave

Probably 600a cables..IBoats sells'em

http://www.iboats.com/Mercury_Contr...1440909--view_id.243421--search_type.category

Adjust so it sync's with where the T Handle is susposed to be for starts