Merc spitfire

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Just ordered a merc spitfire prop all reviews say it's amazing what are your thoughts on it I wanted to order it through Iboats but they didn't have it in stock and they didn't know when it would be

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Sometime ago I read 2 different supposedly independent tests of the spitfire they were very positive and the prop maintained speed and didn't require a pitch change.

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
got one last year. love it! seems like I have 4 wheel drive in my boat now. no increase in mph but lots more get up and go.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Just picked up the prop and installed it wow does it ever look nice and the shaping of the blades is interesting can't wait to try it out I'll keep you all posted

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Wow I'm amazed at this prop lost 100 rpm at wot so now I'm at 4700 rpm wot gained a couple mph from 29mph to 41 with similar load the boat virtually jumps out of the hole maybe 4 seconds from dead stop to up on plane I can plane at 15mph rather then 18 mph and the no wake speed waggle is virtually gone it also feels smoother and the boat feels like it's riding on rails it's amazing best purchase and worth the 280$ price tag

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
A little typo I think you meant 31 mph.
The results of these props is amazing.Usually a prop change that adds top end will slow hole shot and may make a boat fussy at reduced cruise speed.