+!Medical Attention!+

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class
The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000. <br /><br />Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. <br /><br />Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services) <br /><br />The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. Yes, that is 80 million. <br /><br />The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500. <br /><br />The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188. <br /><br />Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. <br /><br />Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do." <br /><br />FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR . <br /><br />Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand! <br /><br />Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

mattttt25

Commander
Re: +!Medical Attention!+

we...<br /><br />ok, i'll let it go. enjoy your post.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

If a gun owner had to shoot a person each time that a doctor had to cut open a person what would those stats be?

gonfishn

Commander

There are good and bad in all aspects of life..I wonder how many of us are still here because of competent Docs..<br /><br />I for one would not be..When I had my H/A i was counted out twice but the medics got me to hospital where Er docs took over..Although i was in a coma for five days. If it wasn't for modern Technology and the outstanding cardio Physician on board i would not be fishn today.<br /><br />Will agree there are some butchers out there that should be dog catchers, but the majority not the minority are good docs and am very glad of that..<br /><br />I was a paramedic for over 25 years and felt that I did all I could to keep patients alive..Many times I lost them enroute and familes would blame the docs or medics..Again it was the minority that had that opinion.Many times we never see those that we saved again..Those we lost are still with us still today..<br /><br />It takes a special breed of folks to work in the medical field..Remember that when your having your fun here..

eeboater

Commander

I wonder how many doctors are accidentally shot by gun owners....<br /><br /><br />Hmmm..........<br /><br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Stratosfied:<br /> eeboater, you ain't twisted right! :D :D :cool:
It makes life interesting. :D <br /><br /><br />Sean

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

A doc from my hometown killed his wife and burried her under his basement floor. I wonder if they counted that one?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> If a gun owner had to shoot a person each time that a doctor had to cut open a person what would those stats be?
I would give the odds strongly to the gun owners. Gun owners (like me) usually do not discharge a weapon towards any living thing,unless we mean to kill it dead.<br />Docs sometimes use great care not to let all the fluids leak out all at once.