• Four Winns H190

Votes: 46 74.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

Impactg

Cadet
Re: Maxum or Four Winns?

I boat with folks that have both (cruisers not runabouts, however). Some of the models going back 15 years or so. There've been no structural issues with either brand, and their owners have been happy with each of their choices. Four winns does tend to use somewhat nicer materials, but I believe it's splitting hairs in a smaller boat where it's a smaller, simplier layout. 'Nicer' materials can also equate to heavier materials, so in a smaller package it might offer a less sporty ride. Lighter does not always mean less structurally sound.

Also, in regards to any factory closings, Four Winns is just coming out of bankruptcy, so I think any corporate comparisons are a wash. I recently purchased a new Bayliner cruiser and Brunswick has been great at helping me with my 'new boat' warranty issues. The dealer on the other hand... I'm afraid I had to go over their head. They sucked.

Both great boats... do a wet test and all your questions will be answered.

TilliamWe

Banned

... Maxum cost $2000 more...
Anyone can comment please?

Are you kidding me? $2000 more for a Maxum????? Unless it's really a 19' boat and the Four Winns is just a 17.5'er they are calling a 19'er, the Four Winns is the only logical choice.
Best of luck to you.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Old thread, OP hasn't been back. I closed the poll.