Matt Bryant - Kicker for the Bucs

Carphunter

Commander
Did anyone happen to see what this fella went through this weekend. His 3 month old son Mathew Tryson passed away from unknown causes earlier in the week, (they are currently doing an autopsy to determine cause of death), they had his funeral on Saturday, and Mr. Bryant comes out on Sunday and kicks three clutch field goals to help ice the game for the Tampa bay Bucs. My heart sure goes out to this man and his family. How in the world he kept it together to be able to make those kicks is unbelievable to me. He says he felt like he had to play to honor his son. It chokes me up to think about it.:( .........and people say kickers are weak.
My family will include Matt and his family in our prayers tonight, thats for sure.​

AZMinyard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Matt Bryant - Kicker for the Bucs

Hearing them discuss it after the games Sunday was probably the first time I have shed a tear around football. Heck, I'm getting a bit choked up now just thinking about it. I have an 18 month-old boy at home - my world would fall apart if anything was to happen to him.

Hug your kids tonight. My heart goes out to Matt Bryant and his family.

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am a die hard Packers fan, but I respect Matt Bryant so much. Tampa would not have won without him, and being able to go through what he went through, and still come out and win the game for his underdog team was really impressive.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I'm going to have to reserve judgement until the cause of death is determined... I mean... Rae Carruth, OJ Simpson... both have outstanding athletic abilities, despite their having hurt/killed people close to them...

I sure hope he didn't have anything to do with the death of his kid, but if he did, then I don't have one shred of respect for his keeping it together out there. If not, my hat's off to him and my prayers go out to him and his family.