Man did I get lucky....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
How much room do you have between the keel and the lowest point on that axle, which would be the center of the V, from the picture, it looks like it drops about an inch. You might be able to block the new straight axle with the same sized block to compensate for the V shape on this axle.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
If the new axle isn't a drop axle it will need to go under the springs and will rasps the trailer substantially.... Not ideal.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Those are only for the seal surface... If he messed up the bearing area or overheated it that won't do him any good.

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Those are only for the seal surface... If he messed up the bearing area or overheated it that won't do him any good.

I agree, but the bearings only need supported, they don't turn on the spindle. Overheating on that short of a run may not be a problem.

Pony

Rear Admiral
The spindle is grooved right where the outer bearing sits.

The stock replacement axle is still available from Yacht Club. $226 with hubs. $169 spindles only. I have priced out replacement hubs and most of them that I saw were around $40 a piece.....so it makes sense to get it with the hubs. Is roughly $75 or $100 more than the aftermarket but I don't have to block anything or worry about clearance.....which looking at the trailer yesterday would certainly have been an issue.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well if you can get the original equipment, then that is the way to go. It is nice when a trailer company is still in business and you can get parts from them.

java230

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thats a decent price for the axle. That will definitely be the easy button!

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Pony
"The stock replacement axle is still available from Yacht Club. $226 with hubs."

Go for it, nice price!!
The spindle is toast per the pic.