Malibu Excape Luxury

trejac

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all I need your thoughts.

I'm ready to upgrade from my I/O to a V-drive because the kids are really getting into the wakeboarding. I like everything the V-drive offers, larger wakes, more seating, waketower, ect. I have a few questions that I want to put out for everyone.

I found a 2000 Malibu Excape Luxury that I really like because of the size (23 foot) but I cannot tell if it has a ballast system (most of the labels are worn off the dash); does anyone know what it has?

How does it handle in rough choppy water; I read one opinion that they are rough on passengers.

I believe I read something about them not having reverse, is that the case?

Does the V-drive drive different than my I/O?

I also foudn a 2003 Super Air Natique but it is much more? is that a much better "wakeboard" boat?

Thanks everyone

breastman569

Cadet
Re: Malibu Excape Luxury

As far as the ballast goes im not sure, but i have never heard of the this boat to not have reverse. now for the Air Natique they throw one of the biggest wake that i have ever ridden behind and that one i do belive has the ballast system, but dont get it twisted the malibu is a very nice boat and will be a huge step up from your i/o. the v-drives do drive a little different but it just takes some time to get use to, they tend to be a bit more slugish on on the stering end they are not as responsive as a stern drive.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Malibu Excape Luxury

I googled up some Malibu Luxury Escapes and it appears that most of them have ballasts. The Malibu forum would know for sure.

If the Nautique has more features to help justify the price, and you can afford it, I'd go for that though.