Makes ya feel good all over.

Topmason

Petty Officer 1st Class
C&P, cuz I'm not smart enough to recite, nor dumb enough to try, for fear of mis quoting! :p <br /><br />This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, by school Principal, Jody McLoud. I thought it was worth sharing with the world and hope you will forward it to all your friends. It shows clearly just how far this country has gone in the wrong direction. <br /><br />"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country." <br /><br />Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK. <br /><br />I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing ******s and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK. <br /><br />I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem. <br /><br />I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology." <br /><br />I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depict people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment." <br /><br />However, if anyone uses this facility to honor God and to ask Him to bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated. <br /><br />This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except God and His Commandments. <br /><br />Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression. <br /><br />For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is <br />Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time. <br /><br />"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank God and ask Him, in the name of Jesus, to bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet." <br /><br /> One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray. <br /><br />They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box! <br /><br />The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America - the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under God." <br /><br />Somehow, Kingston, Tennessee remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise God that His remnant remains! <br /><br />Celebrate Jesus in 2003! <br /><br />Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of Me before men, then I will be ashamed of you before My Father." <br /><br /> <br /><br />Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing, but with Him, I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. <br /><br />Philippians 4:13

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Makes ya feel good all over.

That is why they call use the volunteers

Homerr

Commander

Nice TopMason...<br /><br />Wish I could have been there to hear it in person.<br /><br />H.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

AMEM, nice post.

walleyehed

Admiral

AMEN, and GODBLESS............. :) <br />p.s. I'm going to send this post to my wife so she can see the positive influences I'm talking with, as I spend my time on the P.C.!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Gee! I never heard that argument before!

Topmason

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you all for the positive response to this post. :) <br />I had to think about it for a bit before I posted it for fear of negative response.<br />While I don't quite understand what a "troll" is, I thought this was one of the most inspiring things I've read in a long time.<br />It puts tears in my eyes every time I read it, and seeing your responses compounds that emotion more so.<br /><br />Alan

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Topmason. I hope this helps.<br /><br />Definition of a Troll<br /><br />1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a<br />posting on {Usenet} designed to attract predictable responses or<br />{flame}s; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for<br />{newbie}s" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of<br />fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a<br />bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of<br />newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than<br />they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and<br />experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall<br />for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also {YHBT}.<br /><br />2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly<br />posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup,<br />discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy<br />someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact<br />that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand -<br />they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they<br />are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as<br />such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in,<br />"Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." Compare {kook}.<br /><br />3. n. [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS<br />students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab<br />policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking<br />in dark cavelike corners.<br /><br />Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower<br />category than {flame bait}, that a troll is categorized by containing<br />some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial.<br /><br />The use of troll' in any of these senses is a live metaphor that<br />readily produces elaborations and combining forms. For example, one<br />should frequently see the warning "Do not feed the troll" as part of<br />a followup to troll postings.<br /><br />This particular post was not a "troll".

Topmason

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you #4,<br />I must be correct in assuming the "gay marriage" post is a troll, however<br />
Trolls are recognizable by the fact<br />that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand -<br />
While the interest may not be genuine, I can't ignore the fact that I am learning a helluva lot about this topic and therefore have no regrets in posting it.<br />Knowlege is a powerful thing right, then I'm getting stronger. :) <br /><br />EDIT: Changed my mind, pull it please!

lund17

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for sharing Topmason. I've been bouyed (of course intended :rolleyes: ) by the Christians who post on this site. God HAS blessed America and it's evidenced by the fact that we can all get together here and express our thoughts and opinions openly. Thank you Jesus!