Makes it all worthwhile!

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Spent the weekend on the water with my family and my daughters best friend- beautiful - 30 deg C and 5 km southerly winds. just to see hear the yeehaas and see the ear to ear grins definitely makes it all worthwhile.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

DSC00404.JPG

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Makes it all worthwhile!

Yup. Took the family out this weekend too - gotta' soak it all in before the nest empties out. Looks like y'all had a great time.

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

we had a blast... hope summer sticks around for a few more weeks

Fly Rod

Commander

:) for you and family to get away and enjoy the week end. They grow up quickly. We rented a large house on a lake this summer for a week and had the kids and grand kids stay for the week. Grand kids were water logged by weeks end as well as everbody else. Water was like bath water and excellent weather. :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Had mine out in Ocean City, MD last week while we were on vacation. It was the first I've seen my son (almost 4) be fairly comfortable aboard. We were just hanging out at the dock and I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he said no. I put him on the dock (mom was there) to go out alone but when I started the motor he freaked not wanting me to leave without him. So I brought him along and let him drive awhile slow. I asked if he wanted to go fast and he said no. So I told him I was going to take him back so I could go fast by myself, he said it would be ok if we went fast :) We hauled butt around the bay for a while and when it was time to head in he was like "why are we going back?" :D He was standing behind the console the whole time and would move up to the front when we were going slow. Definitely a big improvement over whining to go home which I typically got. We're going fishing tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had mine out in Ocean City, MD last week while we were on vacation. It was the first I've seen my son (almost 4) be fairly comfortable aboard. We were just hanging out at the dock and I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he said no. I put him on the dock (mom was there) to go out alone but when I started the motor he freaked not wanting me to leave without him. So I brought him along and let him drive awhile slow. I asked if he wanted to go fast and he said no. So I told him I was going to take him back so I could go fast by myself, he said it would be ok if we went fast :) We hauled butt around the bay for a while and when it was time to head in he was like "why are we going back?" :D He was standing behind the console the whole time and would move up to the front when we were going slow. Definitely a big improvement over whining to go home which I typically got. We're going fishing tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

Cherish the moment - they grow up way too fast - my son is now 18 and my daughter just turned 16 !

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer

I started boating when my kids were 4,5 and 7. Now there 8,10,11 and tied up with weekend stuff. Found out last night the whole family will not be around for boating....DANG! Could be one of the last nice weekends

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rough day on the water yesterday... lol, absolutely beautiful

2011-09-20_17-02-46_109.jpg

2011-09-20_17-03-15_124.jpg

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The best part is yet to come, grandkids!

Bubba has that right for sure!

It seems just like a few years ago pulling my 4 year old son out of the pool for putting his water wings on his feet. Saved his life 3 times during his raising around the water. Now he is a head life guard at a major resort and he is 25. Like the old saying "Time Flies When Your Having Fun!"

Enjoy your children, Guide your children and they will make you proud...............SS

chriscraft254

Commander

No kids here, but my furry one always seems to have a grin on his face!:)
Newboatpics1409.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

The best part is yet to come, grandkids!

My Dad says the same thing Bubba. I used to sail with my grandfather each summer ... I think he enjoyed it even more than I did.