M50D High speed issues

toonin22

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just bought a m50d Tohatsu outboard. Cleaned the carbs new fuel pump new filter all new fuel hoses. did my sync and link. At WOT the engine will run fine for about 5min the it starts to studder loses power but doesn't die. If I put it into neutral and wait about 10sec it runs fine again for about 10min the it happens again it never dies i just lose all power and it starts shaking but doesn't die. Any ideas please help would like to have a better day on the water tomorrow.
Thanks in advance

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: M50D High speed issues

If it's shaking that is an indication that one cylinder is not working. That can be a fuel problem, an ignition problem or a mechanical problem. You have to pick one of those systems and start troubleshooting. You will have to have a service manual to troubleshoot the ignition system.

toonin22

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Grounds on the coils were really loose and one was really corroded. The fitting on the top, where the fuel link connects, that is pressed into the carb popped out while running it today. What is the correct procedure to get that back it. Can i use a punch or should I press it back in?

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Press it...However, since it shouldn't have come loose to begin with there may be an issue with the fit. Use a little Marinetex with it to be safe.