Lund 1890 Pro-V total overhaul, new wiring/sounds/deck durabak

Joe5688

Cadet
Decided to document my restoration project. I got the boat last year and there was some work to be done. Both rear motors needed water pumps. I fished it all last year after replacing the water pumps and it was great.

Here is what i'm starting with

167t3x3.jpg

20gcfau.jpg

It didn't need to be restored but eh lol. I'm one of those people who can leave anything alone lol. I decided to rewire pretty much the entire boat. Got rid of all the stock wiring and distribution panel, fuse blocks and switches. I added a new fuse block and rewired it all including installing some new sounds in it.

New sound system:
Polk Audio MM651UM 6.5-Inch Coax Ultra Marine Speaker
Kenwood M315-BT receiver
Alpine KTP-445u Amp

Putting 200 watts to each speaker. Let me tell you they pound! haha

Now for the deck part of the restore.

Before

21njlt0.jpg

15zgnk.jpg

2qs3oli.jpg

After

faa9g8.jpg

1okuc0.jpg

az9yfp.jpg

2laakx2.jpg

Starting the deck replacement. Pretty much copied the existing pieces except for the rear deck. It's going to have a bump out in it 18" longer than the rest to allow for a new seat base to go on the rear deck.

Marine Plywood, coated with a spar sealer. It's getting covered in Durabak grey. Everywhere there was carpet previously got removed and it's getting coated in Durabak. All of the alumium was stripped and was coated in a self etching primer.

15x8l0i.jpg

oh21bm.jpg

nl30c6.jpg

10n53q1.jpg

mbmqzp.jpg

2rzrhqe.jpg

Here is my top section where my trolling motor goes. Coated it today to see how it looks.

2mo5vro.jpg

Thats all for now. I have until wednesday to get this done so wish me luck haha. Going up to fremont Wisconsin for our annual mens white bass trip.

Joe5688

Cadet
Here is an update of it done. It's already seen 7 days on the water so this was today after a slight scrub down with a deck brush and some water. So far it's holding up awesome.

The whole job was a ton of work but seems to be worth it. I extended my back deck 18" so i can add a seat up by the motor.

Total bill was probably around $1000 after buying the coating/ all the plywood and a ton of new stainless bolts/screws. Any screw heads u see are the removable panels and the main deck is completely covered. No screws are accessible. I did make 2 access plates for the front Gas tank vent and the rear access is for the fuel line/sender.

20160519_194552.jpg

20160519_194547.jpg

20160519_194614.jpg

Last edited:

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
The Lund is a Super Quality fishin boat, most definaley worth every dime your putting into the re hab. You are doing a great job!

Joe5688

Cadet
Been almost 5 months and holding up great. I've spent a ton of time on the water in the last 5 months.