Lubricating shift cable. How?

Burns363R

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I completely agree. But in a case like this were it is a volvo based engine, doesnt mean that only volvo based people can answer. The volvo forums are typically slow.

I guess i could just post everything in general so that it gives people the option to answer or not. I just feel that the volvo section doesn't have any traffic to answer questions.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Or you could post in every section at least 3 or 4 times so we could read the same thing 20 times and go through every thread to see if you already got your answer..... I suppose there are no negatives for you.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Both threads have been merged into a single V-P thread. The V-P forum isn't as slow as you think. Having less traffic doesn't make it slow, especially since new threads get responses just as fast as any other section.

Please do not start multiple threads on the same subject. First, it's confusing to members trying to help you. Second, it's confusing to Mods to get things straight so you get the most effective answers or help from members for your problem.

Third, You might as well bite the bullet and change both cables while your in there. Lubing seldom works, whereas new cables always do the trick.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Or you could post in every section at least 3 or 4 times so we could read the same thing 20 times and go through every thread to see if you already got your answer..... I suppose there are no negatives for you.
He's new to the forum so let's give him a pass.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Just replace it, they don't last forever. Then adjust it at the outdrive for proper shifting.